Modern Slavery Statement
This statement is made under Section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 relating to Breeze Motor Company Ltd, Breeze (Southampton) Ltd, Bournemouth TPS Ltd and Southampton TPS LLP.
Breeze Motor Company Ltd is a group of automotive retailers operating in the United Kingdom in both Dorset and Hampshire across 5 sites.
Our supply chain consists of 2 different brands – Volkswagen Passenger Car and Volkswagen Light Commercial Vehicles – mainly in the supply of vehicles and parts from the respective manufacturers for sale to our customers. The group also conducts business with various finance and insurance partners, local business and national suppliers for other goods and services.
Policies on modern slavery
Where possible we ensure there is no modern slavery malpractice in our business or any part of our supply chain given the diverse range of suppliers. We are committed to ethical and honest business relations to ensure slavery is not present anywhere in our supply chains.
Due diligence processes
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk:
- A policy is in place to support and protect whistle blowers
- Our HR department follows a stringent process during the recruitment process for internal and agency applicants.
- We conduct business relationships and processes in line with our respective manufacturers UK retailing standards.
- Be aware of the risk of slavery and human trafficking when interacting with our supply chain and potential suppliers or customers.
Supplier adherence to our values
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain to comply with our values.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain and our business we provide relevant training for our staff.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
We use the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
- Ensure compliance with the National Minimum Wage Act and Working Time Regulations
- Identify high risk within our supply chain and address accordingly
This statement constitutes our group's slavery and human trafficking statement for the current financial year.