ID.3 continues the positive charge... with TWO more awards
The ID.3 collects yet another two trophies at the annual What Car? Car of the Year Awards!
In total, five awards were presented to Volkswagen products including the Arteon, T-Roc and Touran alongside the ID.3.
The ID. family is preparing to grow further with the ID.4 arriving imminently, however, the ID.3 is making the most of its sole presence with the ID.3 Pro Performance Life chosen as What Car?'s 2021 'Small Electric Car of the Year'.
"Thanks to rear-wheel drive, accurate steering and fine body control, the ID.3 is an electric car that's genuinely fun to drive. What's more, its practicality is up with the roomiest family hatchbacks, predicted resale values are superb and it'll be cheap to run for both company car drivers and private buyers. Throw in a strong performance and long-range, and its a brilliant choice" says Steve Huntingford, Editor. The ID.3 was also given the 'Safety Award' not only for gaining the "highest overall score of all cars tested under the crash test regime" but the technology was recognised in first place for prevention of accidents.
The T-Roc was named as the 'Best Small SUV for Comfort' while the latest 2020 Arteon was recognised as the 'Best Coupe for Practicality'. The Touran followed in the MPV category as being 'MPV of the Year'.
In total, the ID.3 is now the receiver of nine UK industry awards, as well as a finalist for the prestigious 2021 European Car of the Year. The full list of UK titles awarded to the ID.3 are as follows:
- 2020 Carwow Car of the Year awards - Most Wanted
- GQ Car Awards 2020 - Best Family Car
- 2021 Carbuyer Best Car Awards 2021 - Best Family Electric Car
- TopGear.com Awards 2020 - Game Changer of the Year
- DrivingElectric 2021 Awards - Best Electric Family Car
- 2021 Carwow Car of the Year awards - Best Family Electric Car
- WhichEV Awards 2020 - Best Newcomer EV
- What Car? Car of the Year Awards 2021 - Small Electric Car of the Year
- What Car? Car of the Year Awards 2021 - Safety Award